Judge for The Innovation Award
- Simon ran the Business division of O2 UK for five years, a 1bn business doubling the number of business customers in that time. He then Co-founded Wayra Europe, the business accelerator that belongs to Telefonica.
- In three years Wayra built seven academies in five countries across Europe; invested in 234 fast-growth digital businesses; from scratch Wayra Europe’s portfolio is valued at more than 300m.
- In-parallel to his corporate career, Simon is also a serial entrepreneur. He has co-founded and helped scale-up a remarkable portfolio of businesses, three of which are in multi-million revenues.
- Simon’s personal business portfolio includes: Zopa.com, Local Data Company, TalentCupboard.com. Simon helped create One Water, a charity water that has donated £10m to clean drinking water projects in Africa.
- Simon is passionate to see entrepreneurs and their businesses realise their fullest potential. He is an active ambassador for the digital start-up eco-system. In July 2014 Simon was formally appointed Entrepreneur in Residence Scale-up for the UK Government reporting to the Dept of Business, Innovation and Skills.
- Before progressing into general management, Simon was formerly a marketer and worked on a diverse range of blue-chip brands: Virgin Media, Yellow Pages, Post Office, Total, Thomas Cook, Spillers, and HJ Heinz