is part of the Informa Markets Division of Informa PLC
This site is operated by a business or businesses owned by Informa PLC and all copyright resides with them. Informa PLC's registered office is 5 Howick Place, London SW1P 1WG. Registered in England and Wales. Number 8860726.
25 February 2020
The Lloyds Bank National Business Awards might be the most prestigious awards programme in the United Kingdom’s business calendar, but entering takes time, care and attention—and money! You need to know why you’re entering, which category best suits your organisation’s achievements, how to craft your perfect pitch, and most importantly, what kind of return-on-investment you can get.
But once you’ve submitted your entry, you’ll be able to reap the rewards of a year-round programme of content and an exclusive black-tie celebration. Here’s five reasons you need to enter the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards 2020.
1. One of the major benefits of the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards is the ability to compare your organisation and its achievements against the entire UK business community. Indeed, 2018 winners VisionGroup told us “it's great to benchmark our capabilities against firms outside of our own industry and get a feel of where we are and what we can learn from the other organisations involved.” And you can be sure you’ll receive a reliable benchmark, because you’ll be getting feedback and guidance from an impartial panel of expert judges regardless of whether you win.
2. Thanks to our significant media partnerships, being part of the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards 2020 guarantees you plenty of positive exposure in local and national press—everything from The Yorkshire Post to ITV news. This gives you a unique avenue to build your brand and have it associated with themes of success and achievement. In addition, if you make it to the ceremony, we’ll send you a media pack featuring web and email banners featuring the awards’ logo—a small touch, but one that ensures your achievements is remembered.
3. Although the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards culminates in the lavish awards ceremony in November, entrants get exclusive access to a year-round programme of events and networking sessions. You’ll be able to meet and engage with your fellow entrants and finalists, as well as our judging panel and the people behind the awards. The winners themselves even get a chance to attend the London Stock Exchange Market Open, which has become something of a Lloyds Bank National Business Awards tradition. You can attend as many of these events as you like, so you can make sure you’re getting the return-on-investment you desire.
4. Going through the judging process helps you to understand exactly what makes your firm great, but also to focus on areas of improvement should it fail to make the shortlist. The judging panel for each award is led by an industry expert, and comprises business leaders, thought leaders and entrepreneurs ready to give impartial feedback across multiple rounds of deliberation, helping you appreciate why your pitch wasn’t successful—or why it was.
5. More than anything else, the Lloyds Bank National Business Awards is about celebrating the achievement of the UK business community, from data excellence to sustained growth and entrepreneurship. With its black-tie dinner, keynote speaker—last year it was astronaut Major Tim Peake—and party atmosphere, it’s the perfect place to reward your staff from a job well done. Plus, with around 1,200 business leaders, entrepreneurs and figures from government and media attending the event each year, it’s an enviable networking opportunity, too.
With all that in mind, what are you waiting for? Entries are open now, so get started on yours today and make sure you get this guaranteed return-on-investment. You’ll reap the rewards.